Monday, January 2, 2017

It's Sci-Fi Day!

In the USA, Sci-Fi Day is celebrated on 2nd January as a tribute to Isaac Asimov, an American author who was born in Russia and became one of the greastest Sci-Fi writers. He was the one who wrote I, Robot, which was turned into a movie where Will Smith played the main character. He also wrote the Foundation series.


I, Robot (Robot #0.1)
I, Robot was published in 1950 and it has nine short stories.


Here are some Sci-Fi books that I want to read this year (I do hope that I find out more Science Fiction novels to read since I love this genre):




  • The Lunar Chronicles, by Marissa Meyer, is a YA Fantasy series that takes place in a futuristic world where humans and cyborgs coexist. Each book of this series is based on a famous fairy tale, such as "Cinderela", "Little Red Hiding Hood", "Rapunzel" and "Snow White".
  • The orange book is the Portuguese edition of Golden Son, the second book of Red Rising trilogy, by Pierce Brown. I really loved the first book, so I can't wait to find out what Darrow is going to do next to release his people from opression in Mars. Yes, it takes place in Mars!!!
  • The red book is the Portuguese edition of Sky Key, also a second book of a trilogy, Endgame, that waas written by James Frey and Nils Johnston-Shelton. I also loved the first book and it makes me sad that many people don't read it because they immediately think it's like a copy of The Hunger Games. Let me assure that it is NOT a copy of Suzanne Collins' trilogy, I swear.


What about Sci-Fi tv shows? Well, for example, I love Doctor Who! If you don't know what it is, DW is a British tv show that follows the adventures of the Doctor, a Time-Lord, or a humanoid alien that can travel throught time and space thanks to his TARDIS, a space ship. He travels with human companions and he also fights against many enemies while saving many civilizations or people that simply need help.


Resultado de imagem para Doctor Who gifs 12 doctors
Peter Capaldi is the current Doctor. He is the 12th version of the Doctor since this character can regenerate, so he doesn't die.


When it comes to movies, of course I have to talk about Star Wars. George Lucas did an amazing job when he created such a big and diversed universe full of weird creatures! I watched Rogue One in December and I loved it, and I'm glad that there are people that want to expand George Lucas's creation.



Imagem relacionada



That's it for now! Happy Sci-Fi day!!!


P.S- I'm on BlogLovin' now! Follow me there, please!



Resultado de imagem para bye gifs


No comments:

Post a Comment